Reef Dynamics RC Series Protein Skimmers Product Highlights
The Reef Dynamics XRC Series are the premier line of protein skimmers in the aquarium industry today. Hand made in the U.S.A., the unparalleled performance of these skimmers is attributed to the unique design and critical attention to detail that goes into the fabrication of each and every skimmer:
- Only the finest materials and the most accurate CNC machining allow us to make the highest quality products time after time.
- A sophisticated hot air welding technique is utilized for the joining of PVC and cast acrylic materials which ensures a bond of the highest quality and greatest durability of any skimmer made today.
- Custom modified pumps, Hand Machined Venturis', and the finest pin-wheel impellers are combined to create that incredible volume of micro bubbles that provide the immense surface area resulting in unrivaled quick removal or organics resulting in a healthy aquarium.
- All XRC Series skimmers utilize either our “JAM-LOC™” design* or our custom machined “Bayonet” disconnect for easy removal and service of the collection cup.
- The pumps we use run cool, quiet, and they consume very little power compared to the “high pressure rated pumps” required by most skimmers on the market today.
- The efficiency achieved with this design translates into higher performance at a lower operating cost to you!
*Currently available on all models up to XRC750.4.
The XRC Series skimmers can be used in sump or externally and offer the best configuration of pump, body and cup to achieve the highest possible organic extraction per pass. In this design, the pump is mounted directly on to the body in a closed loop allowing the pump to draw water from the body, take in air, shred it and return it to the skimmer body at a point higher in the chamber where there is less back pressure on the pump. This allows for greater pump efficiency and more air intake which means even more micro bubbles! System water must be supplied to the skimmer by an external source** allowing you to control the flow rate and dwell time and realize the ultimate in skimming efficiency.
NO NEEDLE WHEELS HERE - SIZE DOES MATTER!!
The newly designed Pin-Wheel impeller is the heart of the Reef Dynamics protein skimmer. Instead of weakly chopping the small amount of air pulled in by a needle wheel, our Pin-Wheel impeller literally shreds the huge amount air inducted by our Hand Machined Venturis into the smallest bubbles produced by any commercially available skimmer in the world!! These micro-sized bubbles provide an incredible surface area for organic attraction and make Reef Dynamics skimmers the organic extraction MONSTERS of the marine aquarium hobby!!
“Pump up the Volume” with less juice!!
Each model comes with a perfectly matched pump that supplies the skimmers reaction chamber with a balanced flow of air and water insuring the best possible performance. The power consumption of these pumps is extremely low because of the reduction in resistance/ drag on the motor when using our finely tuned Pin-Wheel impellers. The pumps also run very quietly, enhancing the “seen but not heard” profile in your filtration system.
In addition to the newly matched pumps and Pin-Wheel impellers, all Reef Dynamics skimmers come with an airline control valve that allows you to control the amount of air the pump pulls in versus the amount of water it pushes through. This feature is critical when you need exact control of the skimmers performance.
High quality SCH80 PVC valves and custom SCH40 parts allow the foam adjustment/ outlet assembly to provide optimal flexibility when dialing in wet or dry foam. This makes it easier than ever to dial in the type of skimmate you want to produce! In addition, the new outlet assembly comes with a 90º elbow so you can adjust the direction of the return water flow anywhere you want.
The extra large collection cup is easier to remove than any other skimmer on the market as ALL* Reef Dynamics Skimmers are fitted with our new patent pending JAM-LOC™ quick disconnect union. This union allows for a “Zero” height clearance requirement for removal of the cup for service. No more bayonets, or endless spinning of traditional PVC unions (does anyone still make those silly thumb screw/ key slot disconnects??). Simply unlock with a 1/4 counter clockwise turn and slide off!!
*XRC1000.4 and larger skimmers still utilize Bayonet Version 2 disconnect fittings
The bottom line…
All of these features converge to make the Reef Dynamics protein skimmers one of the most sought after products in the marine aquarium hobby, not only because of the Quality they offer or the Performance they provide, but because of the Value they represent. Those ideals when combined with first class Service makes the decision easy. When the time comes to invest in a protein skimmer…
Get the best product the first time. Get a Reef Dynamics Protein Skimmer!